God's Word and His Armor

The name of this blog, “Will’s Armor,” is a reference to the armor of God described by Paul in his letter to the Ephesians. We know that God is our son’s creator, sustainer, and warrior. It is our desire that as we rely on God’s armor for our son, he too will learn that God’s armor will protect him in this and future battles.


Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

Ephesians 6:10-11 (NASV)


Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NASV)


I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

Romans 8:38-39 (The Message).


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's a Scooter Bug's Life


HEEELLLLO, OUT THERE, GREAT BIG WORLD...Will here. Yeah, I know, it's been awhile. I've missed you! The parental units haven't been holding me hostage or anything but they have been hoggin' the laptop. (I know what I will be asking Santa for this year!) And, well, in addition to the craziness of doing a second round on the super specialists circuit, we have been busy moving in to our new place.

So, you may be wondering - or not - if I am going to talk about a bug's life today. I have been thinking a lot about them. How they live each day as a big adventure, worrying not about being squashed or flying randomly into a windshield or eaten. How they take care of their fellow bug (well, except for those who could eat them or that maybe they wish to eat?! hmm...) and live happily in community. How even though they are small they can have a big impact. Oh yes, bugs are fascinating - aren't they?

Well, I am guessing most boys dig bugs...but would most want to be called Scooter Bug? and do their moms dress them in "Bugwear?!" (see above) Thus, the real inspiration for today's blog. I am in need of a new nickname and a new wardrobe...and maybe even new parents. If you recall, my NICU nickname was MOOSE. Quite manly sounding - huh? and with my name there are a lot of cool ones you can come up with...William, the Mighty Warrior! or Wild Will (not Willie of course...Mom would shoot you) or Braveheart! Afterall, I am named WILLIAM WALLACE! But no...Dad calls me Scooter Bug and mom...oh...let's not even go there...sometimes calls me Snuggle Puppy. SERIOUSLY?! Who are these people? SP isn't even creative...she stole it from a book we read together! And then to top it off she buys me this outfit which might have been okay if it hadn't included a giant felt bug plastered on the bootie!

So, while we are talking about Mom and Dad...it turns out that there is only one thing I have from their BAD genes. (Certainly have lots of their good ones!) Yes, I have a seriously bad (not bad in a good way but bad) cowlick. And not just any ol' cowlick but a right-down-the-middle-awful-80's-style one. Let's hope that look comes back. Until then, I see lots of hair gel in my future. A muscle biopsy - OUCH! - could also be in my future to rule out other bad guy genes but no word yet on that.

TUMMY TUCK!!!!!!!!!! I knew that would get your attention. So, yeah, I know some of you have seen my belly and have thought "why don't you just lay off the bottle for awhile?". At the same time some of you Moms out there are just cooing "ohh....but baby bellies are so cute!" Yep, certainly not trying to change that trend but would like to get my belly a little more...hmm...round...um...stable...usable? I know flat is in but when you only have 5 pack abs (where, oh where, did that 6th one go!?), you gotta get a little help. (yes, you read that correctly, I am actually missing some of my left ab and have a thin left wall. Weird, I know. If you happen to know a doctor who specializes in tummy tucks for tots...let Mom and Dad know. They are in the market for one)

On a happy note (not that missing a little ab is a reason for doom and gloom or anything...was just looking for a transition), I am breathing 100% Texas spring air. Yep, my buddy (literally, he is my buddy because I stare and smile at him and his tank often, much to the surprise of my parents), Mr Oxy, will be going back to his own home soon. I have been Oxy-Free for almost a week now and I FEEL GREEEEAT!

So, that's it. I am one blessed Scooter Bug. Blessed by God to celebrate another day of life as well as blessed to be surrounded by amazing folks like you. Thanks for your prayers. Let me know how I can pray for you as well!! Will update again sooner rather than later. I promise.

Will

PS - the pics below that are super good...the ones that look all professional - all touched up (except for my hair and Mom's hair..grrrr) were done by my buddy Scott Wade. Look him up, he's a big deal. Does celebrities and whatnot. And if he can make me look that good, he can do the same for you.




7 comments:

  1. soooo sweet! Yea for all of the fresh spring air! Praise God! He is PRECIOUS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana.....I love your creative blog! William is a doll baby and I can't wait to kiss him one day. It sounds like you are enjoying every minute of motherhood. Love & hugs.....Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! LOVE the pictures! I like the nick name "Skooter", but to me you will always be "Moose".. Loves and squeezes! So glad you are letting Mr Oxygen go... He was just holding you back. ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute boy you are, Mr. Will. You are quite witty too-you must be a really smart young man. We are so happy you are doing well. We will keep praying about the stomach muscles. God be praised-He has been so good and we are very grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana...he is so darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! Love that little knitted cap. Looks like he is just chuckling to himself. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear Will is off Mr. Oxy! He is cute!

    David Stites

    ReplyDelete