Whew...what a week!! Is it Friday yet?! Not that I don't love all days ending in "Y" but this week I have had my own share of "whys" to grumble about...
- why, oh why, does Mom have to sing that "Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory, Glory song EVERY morning?" (actually now that I think about it...it annoys Dad more than me. Sometimes I even give her a smile for her efforts)
- why, oh why, did my Monday begin with this seemingly nice nurse dropping something liquidy in my eyes, making them all blurry and cross-eyed? (have you been there? feel my pain? there is not one fun thing about the eye doctor. not one)
- why, oh why, did I get not one but two shots at the drs office this morning? and I have to come back for more because two flu shots must be better than one? WHAT?! and I may actually feel like I have the flu but I don't because I got that fun shot? WHAT?! And the Tweety bird band-aid is NOT making me feel better about all this.
- why, oh why, can't we be born with all of our teeth? this one at a time thing is killing me. Not only am I in pain (we're talking real pain as in "I need drugs, people!"), I am drooling like a St Bernard. I try to stop myself but I just can't. Kinda like Mom and her latest pregnancy addiction - Newman O's (Oreo wanna-bes)!
- why, oh why, does Dad think sucking snot from my stuffed up nose with one of those big, blue bulby things is FUN? Seriously, I think he looks forward to that at the end of each day. WEIRD.
Okay, some other things to be thankful for...
- my NICU buddy, Reece, is home from the hospital and didn't have to have surgery! YEAH GOD!!! I've been praying for him because he has been through A LOT. Keep praying for him. Also, a huge praise for my buddy, Henry, who made it through his surgery and is doing great. Thanks to all of you for praying for them.
- being taller. Okay, okay, I know that's a weird thing to be thankful for. But, hey, I'm a guy. I am also named William Wallace and as you know, legend has it that he was like 8 feet tall or more. One doctor thought I might end up half that size (of course he did look at my parents and remind me that I had not exactly gotten the luck of the draw when it comes to the tall gene pool) but NOoooo. I am also gaining weight...so much so that I may actually graduate to new clothes soon. That makes me happy because I am oh-so-tired of the ones I've been wearing for the last 9 months! I like to eat so much now that I sometimes SCREAM at my Mom when she doesn't have my "baba" already prepared for me...which leads me to another thing to be thankful for..
- My baby sister, Naomi. Yep, I was vying for a brother...and yep, this means I will have to share a bathroom with a messy girl (this coming from my Uncle Brent who supposedly has some experience with this) I am trying to be thankful but I think it will just have to be one of those things that grows on me. The idea of having to share anything at this point is unthinkable. Dad says that when he was little his favorite thing to say to his brothers when they were not loving their little brother as they should was "Jesus SAYS share". Personally I like Mom's dramatic childhood saying better..."LIFE ISN'T FAIR!" Oh yes, back to being thankful...
- talking. I do lots of it. Mom says I take after Dad. Dad says I take after Mom. Hmm?! Well, much to Dad's chagrin, I am saying lots of Mamamamama and Babababa these days. He's accused Mom of "brainwashing" (not sure what that means)...I say that "I WILL NOT PERFORM on DEMAND! You people named me WILL and I WILL say what I want to and when I want to!" Hmm...maybe that's why they named my sister, Naomi, meaning "pleasant and delightful"
The other thing is that I will be seeing a 5pk ab specialist at the end of next month. And having an MRI the month after that. Keep praying for me please. Pray that Mom and Dad find the right doctor and that I don't completely lose it in the MRI machine (yeah, yeah, I know they give you drugs or something...so maybe the prayer is that Mom doesn't LOSE it while I am in the MRI machine)
As always, I am thankful for your friendship and prayers. I am one blessed boy! Hope the fall (well, when it gets here...it's 100 in Austin!) reminds you of God's plentiful harvest.
Love, Will
PS - today is my three-quarter's birthday...in other words, I am a little over 5 in dog years.
Hey Will - so glad you got that eye doctor appointment over with...not to mention the shots (at least the first round!), by the way you have one funny Mom. You'll enjoy reading 'your' blog when you're older!! All I know is you have two parents who love the heck out of you not to mention lots of family members and friends who also love you dearly! I hope to make it to Austin to see you soon!! Love, Aunt T
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny! I love this. We will keep praying for Will. And, btw, H has to get MRIs starting when he is 3 for the head stuff, and I am already "anticipating" how it will go. So yes, I will pray for that!
ReplyDeleteWill, love your writing style!! And hearing your news.. Good luck on the MRI.. challenge will be sitting still for that one I guess...
ReplyDeleteAnd different eye color.. not to worry. David Bowie has two colors and he is one cool dude, just like you!!