God's Word and His Armor

The name of this blog, “Will’s Armor,” is a reference to the armor of God described by Paul in his letter to the Ephesians. We know that God is our son’s creator, sustainer, and warrior. It is our desire that as we rely on God’s armor for our son, he too will learn that God’s armor will protect him in this and future battles.


Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

Ephesians 6:10-11 (NASV)


Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NASV)


I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

Romans 8:38-39 (The Message).


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

She loves me...She loves me NOT!

Naomi, that is. I am still too young to be thinking of girlfriends. Well, and add to the fact that Mom says I can't date til I am 40! Is it me or does that seem a little extreme?! Anyway - my little sis came home almost 2 weeks ago (I know, I know...I've fallen down on my bloggin' duties but, seriously, you would too if you had to live in the state of chaos that I am in! RESCUE ME! Sometimes Mom is so loopy she tries to put Naomi's newborn dipes on me - along with accidentally spiking my bottle with some seriously strong caffeine. I am not minding the last part so much as I need a boost from all the late night wakings from that noisy sister of mine...she sure squeals and snorts a lot...do you think they accidentally picked her up at a farm?!...but I may be a little young to be hittin' the Sbux drive-thru!)

So, here are a few sweet moments shared with Naomi since she left the NICU...yes, that's us getting in the car to ride home. And the next ones...well, that's where the title of this comes from. She loves me...She loves me NOT! (okay, in all fairness to her, I did try to bite her. and for the record, she doesn't taste as good as she looks)








So, I'm sure most of you have heard that our city's slogan is "Keep Austin Weird" Why, we want to keep it weird I don't know but we do. So, Mom has always loved this (guess cuz she's weird) and has secretly coveted the tie-dye "Keep it weird" t-shirts that you see the tree-huggin'-subaru-drivin'-organic eatin' folk wearing around town. So...Dad, being the romantic that he is, bought her one for their anniversary. Seriously, nothing says LOVE quite like tie-dye. Here's a little glimpse at Mom's shirt (she wears it a lot these days...something about how spit-up doesn't show-up?) and Naomi who is clearly "keepin' it weird"! PEACE! on a side note: we live in a subdivision called Convict Hill and Dad has cleverly come up with our own slogan (which we hope to make lots of money on so don't try to "steal" it)..."keepin' it criminal". So, this has me wondering...do we live on the wrong side of the tracks? Should I be concerned for my safety?!! Well, I can always chase the bad guys with my new wheels which are DYNO-mite!!!




Here's another keepin' it weird picture...or as Dad likes to think, being "inventive". There sure is a lot of creativity that goes into some of the meals around here, especially when he is left in charge. The barely recognizable foods there are yogurt, smoothie, raisins, and blueberries. Maybe that meal should be called "keepin' it REGULAR" ha ha.


Okay, okay, one more story. People are always asking about me and my ab...it goes something like this...
"So, he's missing an ab...what is that called?"
"Nothing. He's just missing part of his ab."
"Well, what do you mean? Surely, that has a name. What's it's name?"
"No name."
"Are you sure?"
"Um, yeah, pretty sure"
Yeah, so no one has really seen a case of the missing rectus abdominus ...at least none that we've met!...so I guess we can make it's name up ourselves. Any ideas? I am thinking my special club can be called the Dead Ab Society. CARPE DIEM!!

So, since none of the docs have seen this before, they aren't exactly sure what to do about it totally. Long-term and long ways off, is surgery. They can do some pretty cool things using the other muscles I have. Short-term is the casting gig I told you about. 1 year of casts (a new one every two months) to help support my spine for awhile. Mom and Dad have signed off on this so be on the look out for a Cast Signing Party come April!!! Can't wait!! Until then, I will be doing lots of squats and crunches and more carb loading to get myself ready!

So, I know this is a cheesy play on words (what's new from this blog - huh?) but I can't help but think of the verse in I Peter..."Cast all your care on Him, for He cares for you" That's what I am doing...how about you? Ah, I am so loved...by God, by my family and by you. Thank you for praying for me and my sister. We are blessed beyond measure.

Have a blessed day, friends.

Will

PS - please do not call CPS on Mom and Dad...Naomi didn't bleed when I bit her! Thanks!






3 comments:

  1. We love this! God bless you and those sweet babies! Brother/sister relationships are just awesome. Can't wait to see how that love/not love blossoms and then the "not love" just disappears. Love to each one of you. Kelly, David, Madison, Elizabeth, & Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they just the sweetest two babies ever. He looks like he kinda likes her. Soon she will not be able to take her eyes off of him. We just think they are the two cutest babies in the world.
    We love you Will and Naomi!
    Grampy and Grandmommy

    ReplyDelete