God's Word and His Armor

The name of this blog, “Will’s Armor,” is a reference to the armor of God described by Paul in his letter to the Ephesians. We know that God is our son’s creator, sustainer, and warrior. It is our desire that as we rely on God’s armor for our son, he too will learn that God’s armor will protect him in this and future battles.


Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

Ephesians 6:10-11 (NASV)


Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NASV)


I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

Romans 8:38-39 (The Message).


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Me Like Cookies!

C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me...COOKIE, COOKIE, COOKIE is for C! Sing with me...or rather, EAT with me! YUM!!

Yep, yep, I had my first taste of cookie goodness today. But that's not why I am singing...it's a tribute to my Halloween costume. You remember the one...my super cool Rainforest blue frog (also know as "THE DART"...even cooler) one. Well, would you believe that some of the trick-or-treaters I ran into thought I was Cookie Monster. Okay, okay, so they were older folks...possibly needing some spectacles, possibly just hungry and tired...and they were a good distance away from me when they started screaming...."Look! Look! It's Cookie Monster!" Seriously?! Have you ever seen a furless, spotted, pointy toed Cookie?! He's a puppet, people! Okay, well, maybe I see some resemblance in the eyes, but that's it.



So, I have to confess that trick-or-treating is a tad overrated. Not that I didn't have fun...I did...but it seems that I got the trick end of the deal with my parents eating all of my treats (along with having to listen to Mom and her friends whine about how bad times must be since no one was giving out Junior Mints!)

So, the day after my big Halloween adventure, I visited with the nice folks at Scottish Rite Hospital who are in the business of helping curvy kids like me. In fact, if you want to learn about some of what they do, you have to listen to Miss Emily (below). I didn't get to meet her but she seems fun (although quite serious with all this talk about college!)
http://www.tsrhc.org/video-emily.htm

So, my doc thinks that my spine looks a little crooked...the big, fancy medical term is scoliosis I think...and would like to start treating it with something called "casting". No Hollywood producers or actors here...this kind of casting involves anesthesia and PLASTER! WHAT?! Hmm...sounds itchy - doesn't it?! Well, I have decided that if I get one (or two or three...as mentioned), I will think of it as my armor! After all, I am WILLIAM WALLACE, GOD'S MIGHTY WARRIOR! Hmm...guess I will need to get a sword to go with it.

Yes, well, the details are still being worked out. I am scheduled to have a brain and body scan (MRI?) soon and then we will understand more about my spine and how that's connected to that missing ab of mine (maybe they are lost in there together waiting to be found?!) Mom and Dad will let you know what they find out and what the plan is.

Pray for the docs who will be collaborating (practicing my big SAT words again) on my treatment plan along with Mom and Dad who possibly have some big decisions to make. Of course if you are into gigantic, mountain moving prayers well then go ahead and pray for healing. No matter what though, I will continue to be thankful for another day to play. There is JOY, JOY, JOY down in my heart! Where?!...



Good night, my friends!
I love you much,
Will






3 comments:

  1. Praying for big mountains to be moved! Praying for strength and comfort for you too as well.
    Jenny Fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly praying for you all, you must know, as are many around the world. Love you, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute, Will! We will be praying for you big time. :)

    ReplyDelete