God's Word and His Armor

The name of this blog, “Will’s Armor,” is a reference to the armor of God described by Paul in his letter to the Ephesians. We know that God is our son’s creator, sustainer, and warrior. It is our desire that as we rely on God’s armor for our son, he too will learn that God’s armor will protect him in this and future battles.


Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

Ephesians 6:10-11 (NASV)


Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NASV)


I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

Romans 8:38-39 (The Message).


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The One True Specialist

If you have seen the recent tweets in the lefthand column of the blog then you know that William had a bronchoscopy performed Thursday morning. The good news: The procedure went well and the pulmonologist was pleased with the immediate findings. A small sample of lung tissue was taken to study further and to detect any possible infection. We should know more on those results later.

The bad news: Since the lungs appear to be anatomically normal, it led us to also meet with a neurologist and geneticist. Our neonatalogists have dicussed the need for these consultations for several days, so it was nice to go ahead and have them while we were at the same location as those specialists. Basically more tests (MRI, genetic blood testing, skeletal survey, etc.) will be conducted in an effort to determine why his breathing ability seems to be inhibited and if his muscles can perform properly or whether his condition is simply due to his prematurity.

It has been a long few days filled with uncertainty, fear, sadness, prayer, pleading with the Father for healing, and in the end hope in the resurrection and the eternal.

Several years ago, when John Eldredge wrote his book "Waking the Dead," he focused on this statement from Jesus in John 10:

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I am have come that they (his sheep or disciples) may have life, and have it to the full.

Also, later in I John 3, the disciple says that Christ came to destroy the devil's work.

This reality has never been more true to me than now -- Satan REALLY wants to harm me, my wife, my son, and remove anything that's a blessing from God in this world. He isn't playing around and he doesn't care how it occurs or whom it injures. For him, the more death and destruction, the better.

So, we turn to God through the gate of our good shepherd and protector (Christ) for he has the authority to lay down his life and take it up again -- and praise God that he has done so! He will use this same authority one day for me and my family to raise us up again. In the meantime, the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit and the church love and comfort us. And for that we have no words.

7 comments:

  1. It is Saturday little man and I just chatted with your mommy. I spent the last 20 minutes are so in prayer for you Will. As I sat praying and just listening for God the word the Holy Spirit kept ringing in my mind is warrior. Then as I thought of your name and the bravery you have already shown as a tiny little baby I felt peace. Peace that you are surrounded by angels, surrounded by the mighty arms of God who leads the way into battle. He is with you and he goes before you precious boy. He is listening to the prayers of his children and he knows of every word spoken or thought that goes to his throne on your behalf and Will, HE is on it. Keep doing your thing little one. Eat, poop, sleep, grow, smile, cry, stretch, and take deep breaths. Just keep going all the while knowing that you are already victorious. I can't wait to snuggle with you and smell your sweet skin!
    Love you, Rachel...or whatever it is you want to call me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark and Dana, I will keep up my prayers for you. I love that you used the passages from John 10 where Jesus refers to Himself as The Good Shepherd. I am in a Bible study on John where, just 2 weeks ago, we studied this passage in Chapter 10. It struck me in a whole new way. I think it is a beautiful analogy and very comforting - Jesus as our Shepherd, as the gate. I love the fact that HE gave up His life; no person took it from Him. And then He took it up again. So strong. We have great hope for you through Him. ~ Leslie Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Will,
    I love the picture of you with your Braveheart sign! We are praying for you, little warrior. We love you so much already and long for the day when we can hold you in our arms, just like your mom and dad are getting to now. You are precious to us.
    Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Stephen, and cousins Rylan, Catherine, and Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet William, My how you have grown the last few weeks. You are as cute as ever and I love you bunches. I know you are fighting and I am praying for your strength as you go through these test. God is there watching over you all the time and he will see you and your mom and dad through this time. Lots of prayers are being said for you. I love you!!!!!MOMO

    ReplyDelete
  5. William I don't know you directly but heard this song in church tonight and thought of you and your family. It's Called Thank You by MercyMe couldn't find the song to download so I thought I would share the Lyrics

    For all that You've done, I will thank You
    FOR ALL THAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO
    for ALL that You've promised and all the You are
    Is all that has carried me through
    Jesus, I thank You

    Thank You for loving and setting me free
    Thank You for giving Your life just for me
    How I thank you Jesus I thank You I Gratefully thank You

    Will I hope you know that at just a little over a month you have glorified the Lord more than most in a lifetime. I will be praying for and your family. I can't wait to see the amazing life that God has been preparing you for.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious little one, you are so sweet! Like your MOMO said you are getting so big and cuter every day. Your Grampy and I love you so much and pray for you many times each day. We are praying that you will be home with Mom and Dad soon. We are thankful for good reports. Keep up the good work, sweet William. We love you, Grampy and Grandmommy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying complete healing over sweet William. By His stripes William is healed in the name of Jesus. Praying peace over Mommy & Daddy and wisdom & knowledge over the the doctors & nurses. Thankful for good reports and continued good news this week. :) Be strong in the Lord during this difficult time of uncertainty and feeling of helplessness. He has you all in the palm of His hand. Much Love, Tedra (a high school friend of Dana's)

    ReplyDelete