So, everyone keeps asking "when are you going to blow this joint?" Trust me, if it wasn't for all the attention I've been getting from the cute nurses and the Doc they call "The Baby Whisperer", I would have been out of here weeks ago. Oh yeah, well, there was that other small detail...breathing on my own...which, speaking of, I have been doing A LOT of these days. In addition to eating...and pooping...and smiling...and pooping...and smiling more when everyone tells me I am "sooo cute", especially when I am "Milk Drunk" (see pictures below), and "sooo big" (um, okay so only here in the NICU do you get nicknamed "Moose" because you weigh over 5 lbs...5 lbs 8 oz to be exact...I won't even mention that I only look like a moose because some of the others are the size of chihuahuas!)
Like I said, I've been breathing like a champ...even had my oxygen taken away. I've also been eating so well that they removed the feeding tube, which I have to say was not only unattractive but awkward (who eats through their nose?!) I also did both of these activities and more while staying warm which they say is important (of course who wouldn't be warm when you are wrapped up like a burrito?! Seriously, I haven't seen my hands for a week!)
And I had been doing all these things super well...so much so that The Baby Whisperer and his Sidekick said that I would be going home SOON. (Thus, why Mom and Dad have been a little preoccupied) But then this word kept being thrown around...circumcision...um, yeah, sounds ridiculously painful, am thinking now "why would I want to go home with these people?"
During my thinking time, I start to get a little chilled, a little winded, and my poop which had been so lovely hours before is now questionable. My nurse starts doing the typical NICU song and dance in my honor...the one that goes "oh, two steps forward and one step back"...um, I didn't mean to dance backwards but I guess I have. So, two more steps are needed for me to go home. My poop has checked out as stinky but normal so now I just have to warm up and wind up. Pray that I do that soon as I think my parents are getting loopy from all the hand washing and hand holding. They want me home STAT. And, well, I have decided that I can be a man and face the "Big C" if it means going home with the coolest Mom and Dad ever (just sayin')
Before I forget...a big Thank You for your prayers. Mom and Dad tell me all about them. Everyone here says I am a Miracle (um, sounds much better than a Moose) and I believe them. YEAH GOD!!!!
-Will
Yeah Will!!! Can't wait for you to get home so that we can be best buds!
ReplyDeleteLove, Eli : )
So happy for you guys! What a blessing!
ReplyDeletexoxo!
Shearn
sweet baby!!! so excited for you guys. :)
ReplyDeleteYahooo....so happy for you all!! Beth Coleman
ReplyDeleteWay to go Will!! Can't wait to squeeze your little cheeks!
ReplyDeleteLove
Christy & Danny Gonzales
Will, you are so clever. I think you are a talented amd gifted child already and I am certainly not biased. I'll sign you up for testing as soon as you get home. We are excited to see you in your new bed and in your parents arms as much as you want. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteGrampy and Grandmommy
I'm a stranger to your mom and dad, but I know your grandmother! She told me you all needed prayers, so I prayed. And look at you now, you are doing so well and are almost ready to go home. Sending a stranger's love your way.
ReplyDeleteJanis Summers, Rockwall, TX
Praise God!!! Such a wonderful update! We'll keep praying, and we can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDelete- Katie and Mark
keep going will! you are doing amazing! now, you need to get home so your mom and dad can smother you in hugs and kisses.
ReplyDeletelove,
jenny, greg and cal
You rock, buddy! Mommy and Daddy said our prayers would be answered. Yay God! :) I can't wait to play ball and stomp around in the mud together. Sounds like I'm going to have to beef up to stay ahead of you, Moose. Looking forward to meeting you friend!
ReplyDeleteHugs - Ace; a.k.a. Drew Connolly
You look so much like your Daddy!!! Cannot wait to submit a joy card in church for how well you are doing! God is good always!!
ReplyDeleteXXOO
Sandy Grubb
We are so grateful for you, William, and for all of the glory you are already bringing to God's name - in just a few short weeks! I can't wait to see what He has in store for your life. Love you, Kelly & David (Madison, Elizabeth, & Caroline, too!)
ReplyDeleteSuch a clever post - and so glad you're doing well Will! Can't wait to meet you!
ReplyDeleteYippee! Will--- I see you got your mother's great sense of humor? Or is it your dad's? At any rate... so thankful to hear that you are dancing forward. Two steps forward, one step back... that's still great progress.
ReplyDelete